Friday 5 November 2010

In a rich (wo)mans world .....



Do you lust over the latest Mac collection? Have you joined the Next queue at 4am?

My hands up!

Shocked I'm not, ashamed i am!

My name is Joanna and I am a shopaholic!

So that's the first step over and done with...phew! Now the hard part begins.

How do i stop my frivolous ways? Answers on a postcard please!

So I'm not going to change over night. I know this.

I need to realise my life is not going to end if I pass on Mac’s Lady Gaga Lip Glass...(I’m not going to tempt fate here though!) .

Seriously, I need to stop wasting my money on so much crap!! Buying so many beauty products/clothes/shoes that don’t get the love and attention they deserve. My sense of style changes so frequently.

I do have a plan though....and here it comes.....Queue the fanfare “duh duh duh duh duh duh DUH”!!

EBAY! The answer to every woman’s dirty secrets.

I'm going to start selling all my unwanted, unloved items. The amount of clothes I have brought home hoping that I will slim down to fit into them is unreal.

WHO AM I KIDDING?!

I am never going to loose X amount of stones just so that I can wear THAT dress.

The plan is simple. If I want something new I have to sell something old. Use the old trusty rule, one in, one out. This isn't going to be easy and I will probably fail miserably. I do however have a back up plan...

A SPENDING DIARY

The journey to being more thrifty is a long and winding road and I fully expect to get lost along the way. I am going to keep a track of my spending habits with said diary. The idea being that I can tot up how much I am paying out on these “necessities” and shock myself into not frittering my money away so easily...

Maybe, just maybe there is hope for me yet.

No comments:

Post a Comment